Respectful input is always welcome here and encouraged, but disrespectful and abusive visitors will be banned regardless of their belief (and yes, this even includes Christians). This site is intended to foster the happiness, health and prosperity of its visitors. This site will be a place of peace. I will police my site so that those who visit here feel safe.
Unfortunately, technology these days has cultivated an environment where it is easy for people to be passive-aggressive. People say things online or via technology that they would never say to someone face-to-face. In light of that, the following comment policy will lay out some simple ground rules that should enable constructive conversation while discouraging rude, disrespectful, offensive or off-topic comments.
My comment policy will follow some of the communication guidelines laid out in scripture:
“When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need—words that will help others become stronger. Then what you say will do good to those who listen to you…Do not be bitter or angry or mad. Never shout angrily or say things to hurt others. Never do anything evil. Be kind and loving to each other, and forgive each other just as God forgave you in Christ.” Ephesians 4:29, 31-32 (NCV)
“…Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.” Ephesians 4:29 (NLT)
“Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all! Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the lord. Instead, “If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.” Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.” Romans 12:16-21 (NLT)
“Do everything without complaining and arguing.” Philippians 2:14 (NLT)
“Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.” Proverbs 18:2 (NLT)
“Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish.” Proverbs 18:13 (NLT)
“A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” Proverbs 15:1 (NKJV)
“Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.” 1 Corinthians 8:9 (NIV)
By posting comments on this site, you agree to the following Comment Policy:
- You do not have to register to comment here. You do, however, have to provide your first name and your e-mail address. Your e-mail address will not be published and will never be shared with anyone else.
- All comments are moderated. Spam software is also currently in place to weed out the junk.
- I understand that people may not always agree with me, my methods, or my spiritual beliefs. However, do not be a fool. Do not argue just to argue or to be a “know-it-all”. Disrespect will not be tolerated here. I also will not engage in a back and forth debate. I already have spiritual mentors and teachers in place in my life, and I receive godly correction from them and from those with whom I have established relationship and rapport. Comments from people that feel the need to “teach” me something will deleted because I do not have relationship with them. Again, my site is a place of peace not a place of debate or correction. If you are unable to adhere to this, please refrain from commenting, or your comments will be deleted.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my site. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your site not mine. Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a)rude or disrespectful; (b) snarky or sarcastic; (c) off-topic; (d) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; (e) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services; or (f) a potential hindrance or stumbling block for others who may view the site.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. Thank you for partnering with me in maintaining a site of peace, love and respect.